Human Rights, Humanitarian Assistance,Refugees
Japan-Cambodia Human Rights Dialogue
September 21, 2017
- The 8th Japan-Kingdom of Cambodia Human Rights Dialogue was held on August 15 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- The dialogue was led respectively by Mr. Masato Otaka, Ambassador in charge of UN Affairs, Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Policy Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, and Mr. Keo Remy, President of Cambodia Human Rights Committee.
- During the dialogue, both countries exchanged views on human rights situation in general such as freedom of political activities, expression and association, the independence of the judiciary and the land problem. The countries also had fruitful discussion on Japan’s capacity building assistance to Cambodia and the cooperation in the field of human rights in the international area.
[note] The past dialogues
- March 7, 2005 (in Phnom Penh)
- February 20, 2006 (in Phnom Penh)
- August 14, 2008 (in Phnom Penh)
- August 27, 2010 (in Phnom Penh)
- August 24, 2011 (in Phnom Penh)
- September 4, 2013 (in Phnom Penh)
- August 12, 2015 (in Phnom Penh)