60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations
between Japan and Ireland in 2017 Logo Contest
The application period for the Logo Contest has ended. Thank you for submitting many applications.
The year 2017 will mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Ireland.? A series of events is being planned to commemorate this milestone, as well as to deepen the existing positive relationship between the two countries. We are inviting submissions from the public for a design contest to create a logo to represent the commemorative events. The details of this contest are as follows:
1 Application Details
Design a logo to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Ireland (expressing thanks for 60 years of friendly relations, and symbolising the opportunity marked by the commemorative year for the further expansion of the friendship between the two countries).
2 Submission Guidelines
(1) Eligibility requirements
Anyone is eligible to apply.
(2) Submission deadline
Wednesday, 13 July 2016
(3) Selection method
The submitted logo designs will be evaluated jointly by Committees established for 60th Anniversary events in both countries, and only one final design will be selected.
(4) Announcement of results
The result will be announced on the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade of Ireland, and the Embassies in both countries.
The London Office of Japan Airlines (JAL), in association with the Embassy of Ireland in Japan, will award the creator of the winning design an economy class, return air ticket between Dublin and Tokyo, in either direction.
3 Submission Method
(1) Digital design must be: (1) no larger than 2MB, (2) above 300 dpi resolution (3) in JPEG or PDF formats; and (4) the whole logo must fit within one horizontal A4 size format.
Note: The submitted design may be requested to be converted to another format.
(2) A brief explanation about the submitted design (in under 100 words) must be included in the application form.
Note: The explanation of the winning design will be publicised.
(3) Entries should be submitted in both colour (no limitation on colour and gradation) and black and white versions.
(4) The original data must be submitted together with the application form.
(5) There is no limitation on the number of submissions.
(6) All logo designs and related documents submitted will not be returned to the entrant.
4 Submission of applications (Applications will only be accepted via e-mail.) (Note 1)
(1) E-mail address: email@example.com
(2) E-mail subject line: “Entry to 60th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Ireland Logo Contest”
(3) Entry sample:
For the attention of: Officer in charge of the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Ireland in 2017 Logo Contest
Name and affiliation (occupation):
Telephone number: (Note 2)
E-mail address: (Note 2)
Remarks: (Note 3)
Entry Form (Word)
2 versions of the logo design (both colour and black and white versions)
In the event that our mail server limit is exceeded owing to the overwhelming number of entries, your entry may not reach us and you may receive the following returned message: (Your e-mail was not delivered). Kindly resend your entry the following day.
Please make sure a contactable telephone number and/or e-mail address is provided in the application form, as we may need to contact you regarding the submitted logo design.
The winner of the logo design will be announced on our website. Please indicate clearly on the entry form, under “Remarks”, if you do not wish your personal details (name etc.) to appear on our website.
5 Important Notes
(1) The submitted logo design must be an unpublished one both in Japan and abroad, and does not and will not violate copyrights, trademark rights, or infringe upon other rights of any third parties.
(2) In the event that any works are found to infringe the provisions of public order and standards of decency stipulated in the laws and regulations, contain defamatory contents, infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, and so forth, the entry shall be rejected even after it is selected as the winning design.
(3) All copyrights pertaining to submitted designs will belong to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade of Ireland. A selected design will be considered the exclusive property of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade of Ireland, and all rights pertaining to the selected design shall belong to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade of Ireland. The entrant of the selected design shall not exercise moral rights of an author. As a general rule, no alterations will be carried out to the design other than size adjustment, monochrome conversion and language translation.
(4) Any falsifications made in the entry will render it null and void even after the submitted design is selected as the winning design.
(5) Authorised usage of the completed design shall be given by the relevant Committees established in both countries for the events related to the 60th Anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Ireland.
(6) Personal information of the entrants will not be disclosed to any third party with the exception of name and organisation.
(7) We will not send you an acknowledgement of receipt or notification to the unsuccessful entries. Moreover, we will not respond to any enquiries on the selection process.
6 Contact information
60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Ireland Commemorative Events Steering Committee
Embassy of Japan in Ireland
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org