Twelfth Tokyo Dialogue of "Central Asia plus Japan" Dialogue on “Connectivity with Central Asia and the Caucasus”.
May 19, 2023
On March 15th, the Twelfth Tokyo Dialogue of the "Central Asia plus Japan" Dialogue, on the theme of "Connectivity with Central Asia and the Caucasus" was held jointly by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Global Forum of Japan.
- The Tokyo Dialogue is part of the "Central Asia + Japan" Dialogue, a framework for promoting cooperation between Japan and five Central Asian countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan) in the form of an open symposium with the participation of experts and practitioners. The meeting was attended by practitioners not only from Central Asia but also from Azerbaijan and Georgia in the Caucasus, an important region linking Central Asia to the sea. The World Customs Organisation (WCO), which is involved in international cooperation in the customs sector, also introduced its initiatives in the region.
- Ms. YOSHIKAWA Yuumi, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs, delivered opening remarks. She stated that, because of the current international situation, connectivity towards outlets to the sea has become an even more important issue for landlocked Central Asia for free, open, and sustainable development.
- Participants from Central Asia and the Caucasus reported on the current status and challenges of regional cooperation in their respective countries, and Japanese panelists also took part in a lively discussion on issues from the perspective of Japanese companies. Examples of DX applications in Japan were also shared.
- Opening Session (video) The Twelfth Tokyo Dialogue of “Central Asia plus Japan” (English / Japanese / Russian)
- Panel Discussion 1 (video) The Twelfth Tokyo dialogue of “Central Asia plus Japan” (English / Japanese / Russian)
- Panel Discussion 2 (video) The Twelfth Tokyo dialogue of “Central Asia plus Japan” (English / Japanese / Russian)