Visit to Japan by the Rt. Hon John Key, Prime Minister of New Zealand
September 3, 2012
- From Sunday, September 9, to Wednesday, September 12, the Rt. Hon John Key, Prime Minister of New Zealand, will visit Japan.
- While in Japan, he is scheduled to have a meeting with Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda to exchange opinions on bilateral relations, and regional/international situations that the two countries have a shared interest in.
- In addition, Prime Minister Key will visit Miyagi Prefecture, where he will observe the state of damage and recovery following the Great East Japan Earthquake and discuss with those concerned about how Japan and New Zealand, which both suffered great earthquakes last year, can cooperate toward reconstruction.
- This year marks the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and New Zealand. It is expected that the friendly relationship between Japan and New Zealand will be further developed as a result of Prime Minister Key’s visit.
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)