Third Japan-EU English Haiku Contest
June 4, 2012
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the European Union (EU) host the Third Japan-EU English Haiku Contest on the theme of "Dawn".
- The contest is open to the public of nationals of Japan and the EU member states (including Croatia), who reside in Japan or the EU member states (including Croatia) from June 4 to 25.
- One winner from Japan and one from the EU will be announced in due course. The winner from the EU will be offered a round-trip to Matsuyama City, which is considered to be the birthplace of modern Haiku in Japan. The winner from Japan will be offered a round-trip to Belgium, the home country of European Council President H.E. Herman Van Rompuy.
- Selected haiku will be uploaded to the Facebook Fan Page. Those registered on Facebook can communicate with applicants from Japan and the EU.
- Japan-EU relationship is expected to develop further to a new era of partnership, "Dawn", through active interaction of people at the citizen level in this contest.
* Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/haikucontest
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index