Mr. Nobutaka Machimura, Minister for Foreign Affairs, to Visit the Republic of Korea (R.O.K.), Belgium and the United Kingdom (U.K.)
June 20, 2005
- From June 20 (Mon) to 26 (Sun), Mr. Nobutaka Machimura, Minister for Foreign Affairs, will visit the Republic of Korea (R.O.K.), Belgium and the United Kingdom (U.K.).
- In R.O.K., Mr. Machimura will be present at the Japan-R.O.K. Summit Meeting.
- In Belgium, he will take part in the International Conference on Iraq, which will be co-hosted by the U.S. and the E.U. at the request of the Transitional Government of Iraq and attended by more than 80 countries/organizations. Japan will also co-chair the Economic and Reconstruction Session of the Conference.
- At the G8 Foreign Ministerial Meeting in London, U.K., the Foreign Ministers of the G8 member countries will discuss the major regional issues and other matters, including the situation in Afghanistan where the Bonn Process will be completed by the Parliamentary Election in September this year; the Middle East peace process which offers a historic opportunity toward the progress of negotiations; the nuclear issue of Iran; North Korean issues and UN reform.
- On June 24 in London, the Foreign Minister will accept interviews from the media in order to promote their understanding of Japan's views on such important issues as the situation in East Asia and United Nations Security Council Reform.
Related Information (Japan-ROK Relations)
Related Information (Japan-Belgium Relations)
Related Information (Japan-U.K. Relations)
Back to Index