International Reconstruction Fund Facility for Iraq (IRFFI) Donor Committee Meeting and Expanded Meeting (Tokyo Meeting)
October 12, 2004
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will host the Third Donor Committee Meeting and the Expanded Meeting (Tokyo Meeting) of the International Reconstruction Fund Facility for Iraq (IRFFI) on October 13 (Wed) and 14 (Thu) in Tokyo. At present, about 55 countries and organizations including potential donors such as Germany, France, Russia and the Arab countries have expressed the intention of participating in the Meeting.
- The Iraqi delegation will include Dr. Mehdi Hafedh, Minister of Planning, Dr. Barham Saleh, Deputy Prime Minister, Head of the delegation, and three ministers (Minister of Electricity, Minister of Communication and Minister of Health), Chairman of the Iraqi Independent Electoral Mission, Governors of the Governorates of Elbil and Sulaymaniyah and other high-ranking officials.
- At the Expanded Meeting on October 13 attended by potential donors, Mr. Nobutaka Machimura, Minister for Foreign Affairs, will deliver welcoming remarks immediately after the opening. Dr. Barham Saleh, Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq, will give a keynote address, and Mr. Mark Malloch Brown, Chairman of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), representing the United Nations, and Mr. Chrik Poortman, Vice President of the World Bank, representing the World Bank, will make statements. The remarks and addresses will be broadcast on the Internet through audio and video transmission and will be linked to the MOFA website.
- After the Expanded Meeting and the Donor Committee Meeting are over, Iraq and Japan (chair country), the United Nations and the World Bank (IRFFI administration/management organization) will hold a press conference.
- During their stay in Japan, the Iraqi delegation will have talks and meetings with officials of the Government of Japan.
Back to Index