Regional Visits by Diplomatic Corps including Ambassadors based in Japan(to Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima Prefectures)
July 14, 2011
- In the wake of the Great East Japan Earthquake, as a result of discussions held with the Governments of Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima Prefectures, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has decided from the standpoints of supporting the recovery of the disaster area, promoting tourism, and stemming harmful rumors, to organize visits to the aforementioned three prefectures to take place in October by the diplomatic corps including ambassadors based in Japan.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and local authorities are co-hosting regional visit programs in order to introduce the diplomatic corps to the attractions of these regions including their respective culture, industry, etc.
- Through these visits, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs expects that the foreign diplomatic corps including ambassadors based in Japan will experience and understand the attractions of the three prefectures of Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima.
(1) Visit to Iwate and Miyagi Prefectures by Ambassadors to Japan and their spouses
(the Protocol Office in charge)
|Date for holding:||Scheduled for early October 2011 (3 days)|
|Participants:||Approximately 35 people|
|Program:||Scheduled to visit tourism facilities and industrial facilities, to experience traditional crafts, to conduct exchanges with students, and to attend a reception hosted by the Chief of Protocol.|
(2) Visit to Fukushima Prefecture by foreign diplomats in Japan and their spouses
(the Local Partnership Cooperation Division in charge)
|Date for holding:||Scheduled for October 2011 (2 days)|
|articipants:||Approximately 10~30 people|
|Program:||Understanding regional attractions including local industries and food culture by visiting local corporations and facilities.|
*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.
Back to Index