Acceptance of Relief Supplies from the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
March 25, 2011
- In response to the Tohoku District-off the Pacific Ocean Earthquake, relief supplies from the Government of Pakistan are scheduled to arrive in the afternoon of March 26 by 2 C-130 aircrafts.
- The relief supplies from the Government of Pakistan are 13.5t of high-energy biscuit, 9t of shelf-life milk pack, and 0.75t of mineral water. They are going to be distributed in the affected areas.
- From the Government of Pakistan, His Excellency Mr. Asif Ali Zardari, President sent messages of condolences and sympathy to His Majesty the Emperor and Prime Minister Kan, and, His Excellency Makhdoom Syed Yousuf Gilani, Prime Minister and Her Excellency Ms. Hina Rabbani Khar, State Minister of Foreign Affairs also sent messages to Prime Minister Kan and Minister for Foreign Affairs Matsumoto, respectively, in which they offered assistance from an early stage. President Zardari delivered a message of sympathy in his speech of the joint parliamentary session on March 22 and signed the condolence book during his visit to the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan on March 24.
- Pakistani nationals who are living in Japan are participating in various volunteer activities such as providing relief supplies and Pakistani curry to those affected.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the cooperation of the Government of Pakistan and the people of Pakistan.
(C-130 aircrafts are scheduled to arrive at Narita Airport at 13:30 and 14:00 each.)
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index