Donation from the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
March 25, 2011
- In response to the Tohoku Pacific Ocean Earthquake, the government officials of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, including the mayors of Kandahar City and Kabul City, offered to provide relief money of approximately 250 thousand US dollars.
- Condolences were extended by President of Afghanistan H.E. Mr. Hamid Karzai, First Vice President H.E. Mr. Qasim Fahim, Second Vice President H.E. Mr. Karim, Khalili, Minister of Foreign Affairs H.E. Dr. Zalmai Rassoul, Minister of Finance H.E. Dr. Omar Zakhilwal, Minister of Interior H.E. Gen. Bismellah Mohammadi and others.
- On Sunday, March 13, President H.E. Mr. Hamid Karzai, along with Minister of Foreign Affairs H.E. Dr. Zalmai Rassoul, Chief of Staff of Presidential Palace Mr. Mohammad Umer Daudzai, and others signed the book of condolences in the Embassy of Japan in Afghanistan. On that occasion, H.E. President Karzai stated that Afghanistan would do whatever it could for the people of Japan who are suffering, as Japan has been supporting Afghanistan.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the sense of solidarity and the offer of assistance expressed by the Government and people of Afghanistan.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index