Start of the Operations of Turkey’s Aid/Rescue Team
March 20, 2011
- In response to the Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake, Turkey’s aid/rescue team starts its operation.
- 32 personnel of the team arrived at Narita Airport in the afternoon of Saturday, March 19 and departed for Miyagi Prefecture after making preparations of equipment, fuel and others in the morning of March20. The team will work in the disaster-affected areas of Miyagi prefecture.
- On March 17, at a plenary session of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, Deputy Prime Minister Cemil Cicek and many members of the Assembly expressed condolences to those who have suffered from Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the cooperation and consideration of the Government of Turkey and wishes for the safety and success of Turkey’s team.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index