Japan- Australia Summit Telephone Conversation
March 13, 2011
- On Sunday, March13, from 16:30 for about 10 minutes, Prime Minister Naoto Kan held a telephone conversation with the Hon. Julia Gillard MP, Prime Minister of Australia upon Australia’s proposal.
- At the outset, Prime Minister Gillard expressed her deepest sympathy with regard to the recent earthquake and Tsunami.
- In response to this, Prime Minister Kan expressed his gratitude for the warm words and the prompt offer of assistance by the government of Australia. He stated that the government of Japan will make its best effort to confirm and secure the safety of Australians in Tohoku district.
- Prime Minister Gillard stated that she hopes that Japan will leverage Australian rescue team and that she believes that the people of Japan will overcome the difficulties. Prime Minister Kan reiterated his appreciation to her words.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index