"JAPAN SCOPE" - the New TV Programs by the Japanese Government via International TV Broadcasting Satellite for the Asia/Pacific Region
November 10, 1998
- A series of the international satellite English TV programs - JAPAN SCOPE - sponsored by the Japanese Government will start to be broadcast to Asia/Pacific countries this month. (Detailed schedule is below.)
- This TV program series is the first attempt to continuously provide the Asia/Pacific region with precise information on Japan's domestic and foreign policies, in view of the rising needs for the above-mentioned information in the region. By the end of March 1999, six programs will be broadcast. The first one will focus on Asia-Japan Youth Exchange and APEC.
- The program series will introduce commentaries on domestic and foreign policies of the Japanese Government, effectively inserting on-the-spot reporting, computer graphics and other visual methods as well as the presenter's talks with government officials such as the Press Secretary of Foreign Ministry.
- Based on the response of this fiscal year's broadcast, the Government intends to continue this series in and after FY1999.
* The detailed schedule is as follows;
Date Time (JST) Medium Nov. 14 (Sat.) 23:30-23:45 JET 15 (Sun.) 07:30-07:45 JET 16:30-16:45 JET 29 (Sun.) 10:30-11:00 CNBC
Back to Index