40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation
ASEAN and Japan mark the 40th anniversary of ASEAN-Japan Dialogue relations in 2013. To celebrate this milestone, the ASEAN Post Ministerial Conference with Japan, held in July 2012, agreed to carry out commemorative activities throughout 2013.
ASEAN and Japan's cooperative partnership began in 1973 with the establishment of ASEAN-Japan forum on synthetic rubber. Through the years, ASEAN and Japan have forged close cooperation towards peace, stability, development and prosperity in Asia. They have established close business partnership with total bilateral trade amounting to 248 billion US dollars in 2011. ASEAN Member States are major foreign direct investment destinations for Japanese enterprises.
For 2013, Japan and ASEAN Member States plan to carry out exchange projects in a wide range of fields, including political dialogue, economy, culture, youth, and tourism. Exchange programs of concerned organizations and private sectors are encouraged, as are collaborative activities by government and private sectors.
Official Logo and Catchphrase
- Announcement of Official Logo and Catchphrase
- Details of competition to create a logo and catchphrase for the 40th anniversary of ASEAN-Japan exchange
- Usage of the title, the official logo, and the catchphrase
- Kick-Off Reception for the 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation (Overview)
- 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation Guideline to Apply for Endorsement of Events
- Event Calendar
Back to Index