Premier of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China to visit Japan
May 1, 2018
1. His Excellency Mr. Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, will pay an Official Visit to Japan in conjunction with the Japan-China-Republic of Korea (ROK) Trilateral Summit Meeting from May 8 to May 11, 2018.
2. During his stay in Japan, Premier Li will be received in audience by His Majesty the Emperor of Japan. In addition, Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting and host a dinner in his honour.
3. The Government of Japan hopes that Premier Li’s visit will further deepen the friendly relations between Japan and the People’s Republic of China.
(1) This will be the first bilateral visit to Japan by a Premier of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China in approximately eight years since the last visit in May 2010 by Premier Wen Jiabao. (In May 2011, Premier Wen visited Japan to attend the Japan-China-ROK Trilateral Summit Meeting).
(2) Prime Minister Abe has held three summit meetings with Premier Li Keqiang of the State Council on the occasions of the Japan-China-ROK Trilateral Summit Meeting in Seoul in November 2015, the Asia-Europe Meeting in Ulaanbaatar in July 2016, and the ASEAN-related Summit Meetings in Manila in November 2017.