President of the Federated States of Micronesia to Visit Japan
October 23, 2017
1. H.E. Peter Martin Christian, President of the Federated States of Micronesia, will pay an Official Working Visit to Japan from Monday, October 23, to Thursday, October 26, 2017.
2. During his stay in Japan, the President will make a State Call on His Majesty the Emperor of Japan. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting with the President and host a dinner in his honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and hopes the visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Federated States of Micronesia.
(1) This will be President Christian’s fourth visit to Japan as President.
(2) President Christian held a meeting with Prime Minister Abe on the occasion of the Seventh Pacific Islands Leaders Meeting in Japan in May 2015.