The Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award
March 15, 2017
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Japan Foundation will launch the Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award and begin to accept entries for the Award.
2. Entries will be accepted as follows:
(1) From Friday, March 17th to Friday, June 16th 2017.
(2) Entries need to be sent to Japanese diplomatic missions abroad (excluding permanent missions) or the P.O. Box of the Eleventh Japan International MANGA Award.
Details for the guidelines on the application can be found on the web site of The Japan international MANGA Award.
3. The Japan International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Taro Aso, with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchanges through MANGA. The Award has been presented every year since then.
Among entries, the gold Award will be given to the best work and the Silver Awards to three other excellent works. The awardees will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan (generally for 10 days), they will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make an excursion to local sites.