Relaxation of Multiple Entry Visas for Short-term Stay (Business Purposes, and for Cultural or Intellectual Figures) for Nationals of Viet Nam and India
February 2, 2016
1. From February 15, the Government of Japan will commence measures for relaxing the requirements for multiple entry visas for short-term stay with business purposes and for cultural or intellectual figures, for nationals of Viet Nam and India.
2. Specifically, the scope of applicants eligible for multiple entry visas for short-term stay with business purposes and for cultural or intellectual figures will be expanded, and in addition, the validity period of the visas will be extended from five years to up to 10 years.
3. It is the first time that the Government of Japan to issue multiple visa with a validity period of 10 years. These measures are expected to further advance people-to-people exchanges with Viet Nam and India, including improvement of convenience in business activities as well as an increase in repeat visitors.
(1) This multiple visa will be used only for business purpose and for cultural or intellectual figures for the first visit, by can be used for tourism and visiting relatives from the second time visit.
(2) Followed by delivery and announcement of the decision of these relaxation measures by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on the occasions of Japan-Vietnam Summit Meeting in last September and Japan-India Summit Meeting in last December operations of these measures will be commenced this time.