APEC High Level Conference on Structural Reform
The APEC High Level Conference on Structural Reform aims:
- To share experiences and views on structural reform related activities in the APEC region among experts and policy makers from a mixture of government agencies, academia and industry.
- To exchange views and information on relevant policies and measures.
- To discuss necessary measures for further promoting structural reform in the APEC region.
- Through discussions at the conference, a recommendation will be submitted to APEC Leaders for consideration on how to promote structural reform related activities in the APEC region.
8 - 9 September, 2004
Akasaka Prince Hotel (Room: Royal Hall, 5th Floor of Banquet Building)
Address: 1-2, Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8585 Japan
There are subway stations near the Hotel: Akasaka-Mitsuke Station (Ginza Line/Marunouchi Line, Exit D for Kioi-cho), Nagatacho Station (Namboku Line, Exit 9-a; Hanzoumon Line, Exit 7; Yurakucho Line, Exit 9-b).
Government of Japan (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
If you wish to attend the free Conference, please submit following information BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th September 2004.
- Write "Registration for SRHLC" in its subject
- Necessary Information: 1) name, 2) occupation (organization/unit, title), 3) address, 4) phone number, 5) email address, 6) session(s) of interest
- Pursuant to the proposal put forward by Japan's Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi in Bangkok in 2003 regarding the importance of structural reform in the APEC region, APEC Leaders have demonstrated a strong political commitment to accelerate structural reform. The APEC Structural Reform Action Plan, submitted by Japan and Australia, was adopted at the APEC Ministerial Meeting in Bangkok in October 2003 as the guiding program for steady promotion of structural reform related activities in this region. The APEC High Level Conference on Structural Reform is proposed in the Action Plan with a view to canvassing the key issues and exploring how to promote and manage structural reform related activities in APEC.
- Strengthening structural reform related activities in the APEC region endorses the fact that "behind-the-border" reforms are necessary to support "at-the-border" (trade and investment liberalization and facilitation) initiatives, which would be conducive to sustainable economic growth and development in the region.
The secretariat of the APEC High Level Conference on Structural Reform
Congress Corporation, Kohsai-kaikan Bldg., 5-1 Kojimachi
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8481
Back to Index