2. Japan's Trade
(1) Trends of International Balance of Payments
(Notes) (a) Consignment processing costs and intermediary trade (net receipts) were included in the trade balance up until June 1979 and in the invisible trade balance from July of that year.
(b) Mark denotes capital outflow (increase in assets and reduction in debts)
(c) Those belonging to financial accounts are excluded.
(d) "Gensaki" transactions are included in the short-term capital balance.
(Source) Monthly reports on international balance of payments statistics (Bank of Japan)
(2) Major Trading Partners
(a) Exports (1986)
(b) Exports (1986)
(3) Regional Breakdown of Japan's Trade
(4) Japan's Reliance on Imports for Major Energy Sources
(Source) Agency of Natural Resources and Energy, Comprehensive Energy statistics
(5) Japan's Reliance on Imports for Major Energy Sources
(Notes) 1. Comprehensive self-supply ratio = domestic production value / value earmarked for domestic consumption x 100 (domestic production value and value earmarked for domestic consumption in terms of 1975 wholesale prices)
2. Item-by-item self-supply ratio = domestic production volume / volume earmarked for domestic consumption x 100
to table of contents