- 1 Memorandum of Understanding signed by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and IOM to develop the capacity of Department of Social Welfare (DSW) on human trafficking.
- 1 School for Social Training of social workers in Kisangara (Kilimanjaro) restored and refurbished.
- 30 staff of the Department of Social Welfare (DSW) at headquarters provided with on-the-job training on human trafficking and management issues through 10 sessions.
- 1 Monitoring and Evaluation Report on the capacity of the DSW to tackle Human Trafficking
- 1 Strategy and recommendations for prevention of trafficking developed through 2 Regional workshops with 33 DSW officers from 8 regions, held in Iringa and Arusha. Strategy and recommendations presented and approved in 1 feed-backs meeting with the DSW Commissioner and head quarters staff.
- 101 awareness raising theatre shows performed in villages in 25 districts in 8 regions: Iringa, Mbeya, Morogoro, Dodoma, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar.
- More than 40,000 persons, including local authorities, assisted to the 101 shows
- 50,000 information leaflets on trafficking distributed to the public during the shows.
- 4 NGOs shelters, drop-in centers and 1 NGO health clinic in Dar es Salaam and Arusha restored, maintained and provided with furniture and equipment. Construction of new living areas regarded 2 of them (CIS in Dar es Salaam and FVTC in Arusha).
- 3 NGOs supported in providing bedding, food, clothing, medical assistance, medicines, transport, education and vocational training, family reunification in the rural areas to victims of trafficking
- 118 children victims of trafficking identified, assisted and reunified with their families, when possible, by the above mentioned NGOs.
Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, local authorities in 8 regions, Tanzanian NGOs