Typhoon Damage in the Philippines (Dispatch of Assessment Team)
November 10, 2013
1. On November 10, the Japanese Government dispatched an assessment team consisted of two personnel from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and JICA, responding to the massive damages caused by the Typhoon Haiyan (Philippine name: Yolanda).
2. Based on the request of the Philippine Government, the Japanese Government is also coordinating with the Philippine Government to dispatch the Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) Medical Team to the affected area, at the earliest, on November 11.
3. In addition, the United Nations Disaster Assessment and Coordination (UNDAC) team includes two JICA experts deployed to Philippines on November 7 for coordination with foreign aids.
[Notes] Extent of devastation of Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines
The extent of the damage as of 6:00 am (local time), November 10, is as follows
(Philippine National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council release):
- Casualties: 151
- Injured: 23
- Affected: 4,459,468 (982,252 households)
- Displaced: 477,735 (101,762 households)