Call for Designs Japan – Bahrain 50th Anniversary Logo
Japan and Bahrain will celebrate their 50th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relationship between Japan and Bahrain. Both countries conduct a variety of collaborative events to celebrate our shared accomplishments and build opportunities for further cooperation. We are now inviting the general public to submit designs for a 50th anniversary logo to be used to promote the events.
Overview - Call for designs
- Submissions are welcome from anyone regardless of nationality, age, or place of residence.
- Submissions must be received by 29, October, 2021.
- Please submit your logo by email to Second Middle Eastern Division, Middle Eastern and African Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Governments of Japan and Bahrain will evaluate designs received and select the best one to be used as the logo for the 50th anniversary celebration events.
- Results will be announced on various websites/SNS including those of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Embassy of Japan in Bahrain, and the Government of Bahrain.
How to submit your design
Attach your logo design and application form to an email entitled “50th Anniversary Logo Campaign” and addressed to Second Middle Eastern Division, Middle Eastern and African Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to mention your name, affiliation and a brief explanation of your logo design as attachment in the email. We regret that we cannot accept submissions by mail.
- Your logo should be sent as a JPEG or PDF or EPS file no larger than 3 MB and at with resolution of at least 300 dpi. It should fit on an A4 or letter-size page when printed. (Formatting changes may be requested if necessary.)
- The explanation of your logo design should be approximately 50 words long. Please do not include it in the body of email, but attach it as a separate file. When the logo design selected as the anniversary logo is announced, the explanation may be made public.
- Please submit both color and black-and-white versions of your design (no restrictions on number of colors, gradations, etc.)
- You may submit as many logo designs as you wish.
- No submitted logo designs or materials will be returned.
- Application Form (Word)
Points to note
- Submitted logo designs must be yet unpublished anywhere, and must not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, etc. of any third parties.
- Submissions offensive to public sensibilities, in violation of laws or regulations, libelous, or infringing on copyrights or other rights of third parties will be disqualified. The selected design will be withdrawn from use if it is later found to violate any of these conditions.
- All rights to submitted designs and the copyright to the selected logo will belong to Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Bahrain. Those submitting designs agree to relinquish their author’s moral rights. In principle, submitted designs will not be processed other than to adjust size, convert to black-and-white, and translate into Japanese, English or Arabic.
- The selected logo may be withdrawn from use if any information submitted with the design is later determined to be false.
- The selected logo design in its final form will be distributed to organizations authorized by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Government of Bahrain and will be used to promote the 50th anniversary of Japan-Bahrain diplomatic relations.
- Personal information (other than name and affiliation) of those submitting logo designs will not be disclosed or offered to third parties without the designer’s permission.
- Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged, and authors of designs not selected will not be contacted. We regret that no inquiries concerning the judging process can be accepted.