Commemorative Event Endorsement Guidelines for the 50th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Japan and the State of Qatar in 2021
In order to commemorate 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Qatar in 2021, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) will certify suitable events (including SNS and other online events) as commemorative events celebrating the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Qatar. The certified projects are allowed to use the name and logo of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of Japan-Qatar diplomatic relations on their PR media (posters, pamphlets, websites, signboards, placards, etc.). The endorsement guidelines for commemorative events are as follows.
- (1) Events should aim to deepen mutual understanding and promote friendship between Japan and Qatar in a wide range of areas such as culture, arts, sports, education, tourism, economics and sciences. Events should include the implementation or introduction of social contribution activities.
- (2) Events should take place in Japan or Qatar between April 2021 and the end of March 2022 in principle.
- (3) An event that does not fall under any of the cases below:
- (a) An event offensive to public order or public morality.
- (b) An event that violates or may violate laws or regulations of Japan or the State of Qatar.
- (c) An event that does not serve the purpose of commemorative events in promoting friendships between Japan and the Qatar.
- (d) An event that advocates any particular principle, political ideology or religion.
- (e) An event for mainly profit-purposes.
- (f) An event not pursued in the public interest.
2. Application Process
- (1) The following documents should be submitted by e-mail to the Embassy of Japan in Qatar for an event that will be held in Qatar, or to the Second Middle East Division, Middle Eastern and African Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan for an event that will be held in Japan, no later than three weeks prior to the date of the event, in principle.
- (a) Application form (Attachment 1)(Word)
[NOTE] Documents outlining the event, e.g. list of work to be presented, detail of the work, programs, application guidelines.
- (b) Budget for the project (Attachment 2)(Excel)
[NOTE] Only if there is income or expenditures for the event.
- (c) Pledge form (Attachment 3)(Word)
- (d) Documents outlining its organizations
[NOTE] Not applicable for individuals nor non-organizations.
- (a) Application form (Attachment 1)(Word)
- (2) The Embassy of Japan in Qatar or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will inform the result to the applicants after reviewing the application. Applicants of the endorsed events will be entitled to use the official logo-mark for the 50th anniversary on web-site, social media and publicity materials (posters, pamphlets, websites, signboards, placards, etc.) for the event.
3. Report on the completion of the event
After the completion of the event, a summary report (Attachment 4)(Word) on the content or the results of the event should be submitted to the Embassy of Japan in Qatar or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
4. Points to Note
- (1) Notes for sending application
- (a) Submitted documents will not be returned.
- (b) We may contact you and ask for submission of additional documents if application is incomplete.
- (c) Last-minute application or application lacking sufficient documentation may not be accepted.
- (d) Any inquiries regarding the screening process will not be responded to.
- (2) Notes for the preparation and implementation of events
- (a) Organizers of the event shall bear full responsibility for the implementation of the event even when it is endorsed as the commemorative event, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will not bear any responsibility by the endorsement of the event. Endorsement of the event does not mean providing financial support for the event.
- (b) In a case that the event is cancelled or major change of the event is made, the information should be reported promptly to the Embassy of Japan in Qatar or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
- (c) The official recognition can be withdrawn if any of the following cases below apply.
- In any case of cancellation or a substantive change of the event which does not comply with the criteria for endorsement, without any report to the Ministry or the Embassy in Qatar.
- When the organizer changed the aspect ratio, color or design of the anniversary logo, or used the anniversary logo for non-authorized events.
- (1) For applicants in Qatar
Embassy of Japan in the State of Qatar
Address: Embassy of Japan in the State of Qatar, Al Shabab Street, New Diplomatic Area,
Onaiza, Doha, State of Qatar, P.O. Box 2208, Qatar
- (2) For applicants in Japan
Second Middle East Division, Middle Eastern and African Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 2-2-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8919