Valid Format of “Certificate of Negative Test Result”
Based on the decision on January 8, 2021, all those who enter, re-enter or return to Japan (including Japanese nationals) are requested to submit a certificate of negative test result of pre-entry COVID-19 test (hereinafter referred to as “certificate of negative test result”) conducted within 72 hours (from the sampling time to departure time of the flight) from January 13, 2021 until the lifting of the state of emergency, no matter whether arriving from the countries/regions designated as an area subject to denial of permission to enter Japan or not, or no matter whether using Business Track/ Residence Track or not.
- This format (Word) filled and signed by a medical institution is considered to be valid. So, in principle, please use this format.
- If the applicant cannot find a medical institution which accepts the above mentioned format, a document in an optional format with all the required information in English is acceptable, though omitting any of the information listed in below may result in denial of permission to enter Japan in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act.
- (1) personal information of an applicant (name, passport number, nationality, date of birth, sex)
- (2) proof of authenticity of the COVID-19 test result (test method (only limited to the test method mentioned in the format), test result, date (and time) of sampling, date of test result, date of issuance of the certificate)
- (3) information of a medical institution(the name and address of a medical institution /the name of a doctor/stamp seal(or signature of doctor))
Applicants are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result (or copy) to quarantine officer when arriving at Japan.
If applicants cannot submit the documents to immigration officers, the applicants will be denied entry into Japan based on Ordinance for Enforcement of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act. If applicants enter Japan with false documents, their status of residence is revoked and they could be subject to deportation based on Ordinance for Enforcement of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Except for Japanese nationals and foreign nationals coming from the countries/regions where the entry bans do not apply).
When applicants are required to show a COVID-19 test result by airline staff before leaving for Japan, please follow the instruction.
If a PCR test for asymptomatic person is not available in the country/region of your residence, please be noted that the applicant is required to stop at a third country where it is available before leaving for Japan.