"Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths" Soccer Exchanges between five ASEAN Nations
June 15, 2012
- From Sunday, June 17 to Sunday, June 24, a total of 115 persons, including youth soccer players (U-14 national teams) from five countries in the ASEAN region (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore), are coming to Japan as part of the "Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths (JENESYS)".
- They will stay at the J-GREEN SAKAI DREAM CAMP in Osaka Prefecture together with the U-14 national team of Japan, and carry out joint practices and exchange matches. Furthermore, they are scheduled to view a J-League soccer match and participate in events hosted by the Japan Football Association.
- In 2009, youth soccer players (U-15 national teams) from five countries in the Mekong region (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Viet Nam) visited Japan on the occasion of the Japan-Mekong Exchange Year, and participated in a similar program. Through this program, youth exchanges between youth soccer players of Japan and all the 10 countries of ASEAN will be achieved.
- It is expected that mutual understanding between Japan and ASEAN nations will be deepened, and future friendly relations between them will be further developed through this program.
[Reference] Overview of schedule
Monday, June 18 : Practice
Tuesday, June 19 - Thursday, 21 : Exchange matches
Saturday, June 23 : JFA Kokoro Project, View a J-League match
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index