Mr. Ryuji Yamane, Parliamentary Senior Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, to Attend the "Istanbul Conference on Somalia" Hosted by Turkey, and to Visit the Sultanate of Oman
May 31, 2012
- On Friday, June 1, H.E. Mr. Ryuji Yamane, Parliamentary Senior Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, will visit Istanbul in Turkey to participate in the "Istanbul Conference on Somalia" hosted by Turkey.
- The Conference will discuss ways to advance political processes toward the end of Somalia's transitional government period in August this year and to support the fledgling Somali Government that will follow at the end of the transitional period. The Conference will be attended by H.E. Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Prime Minister of the Republic of Turkey, who will host the conference; representatives from the United Nations and the African Union; and foreign ministers of concerned countries, including African countries and key donors.
- Parliamentary Senior Vice-Minister Yamane will make a statement at the conference regarding Japan's initiatives to support Somalia and exchange views with participants from other countries.
- In addition, on Saturday, June 2, Parliamentary Senior Vice-Minister Yamane will visit the Sultanate of Oman, where he is scheduled to exchange views with government officials, including H.E. Mr. Yousef bin Alawi bin Abdullah, Minister responsible for Foreign Affairs.
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index