Mr. Koichiro Gemba, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, to Attend the Trilateral Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of Japan, the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Korea
April 6, 2012
- The Trilateral Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of Japan, the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Korea (ROK) will be held on Sunday, April 8 in Ningbo, China. Dr. Yang Jiechi, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China, is going to chair the Meeting.
- This Trilateral Foreign Ministers' Meeting is to be held following the Meeting which took place in Tokyo in June 2008, where it was agreed to hold Foreign Ministers' Meetings hereafter in each of the three countries in turn. Dr. Yang Jiechi, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China and Mr. Kim Sung-hwan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Republic of Korea, are scheduled to attend.
- This Meeting will include preparations towards the Fifth Japan-China-ROK Trilateral Summit Meeting to be held this year in China. A trilateral exchange of opinions pertaining to regional and international affairs and others will also be conducted.
- In light of this opportunity, Minister Gemba will also hold bilateral meetings with the Ministers of China and the ROK to exchange opinions on bilateral relations and regional affairs.
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index