Visit to Japan by H.E. Dr. Zacarias Albano da Costa, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Timor-Leste
March 2, 2012
- From Wednesday, March 7, to Saturday, March 10, H.E. Dr. Zacarias Albano da Costa, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Timor-Leste, his wife, and their entourage, will visit Japan at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A Foreign Ministerial Meeting between Minister for Foreign Affairs Koichiro Gemba and Minister da Costa is scheduled for Thursday, March 8. In addition, while in Japan, Minister da Costa will visit the National Defense Academy and have an exchange of opinions with senior officials of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and members of the private sector.
- As this year marks the 10th anniversary of the independence of Timor-Leste and the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Timor-Leste, a number of activities are planned as part of the "Year of Peace and Friendship between Japan and Timor-Leste". As part of this, and taking advantage of the visit to Japan by Minister de Costa and his wife, a reception will be held by the Ambassador of Timor-Leste to Japan on Friday, March 9.
- It is expected that the visit of Minister da Costa this time will further the development of friendly and corporative relations between Japan and Timor-Leste.
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)