Visit to New Zealand, Australia, Iran, and Egypt by H.E. Mr. Hirofumi Nakasone, Minister for Foreign Affairs
April 28, 2009
- H.E. Mr. Hirofumi Nakasone, Minister for Foreign Affairs, will visit
New Zealand (Wellington), Australia (Melbourne, Perth), Iran (Tehran), and
Egypt (Cairo) from April 28 (Tuesday) to May 5 (Tuesday).
- In New Zealand, Minister Nakasone will meet The Hon. Mr. Murray McCully,
Foreign Minister of New Zealand, and pay a courtesy call on The Hon. Mr.
John Key, Prime Minister of New Zealand, to exchange views on the bilateral
relationship, issues pertaining to the Asia-Pacific Region, and related
- In Australia, Minister Nakasone will pay a courtesy call on The Hon.
Mr. Kevin Rudd, Prime Minister of Australia, and meet The Hon. Stephen Smith,
Foreign Minister of Australia, to exchange views on measures to reinforce
the comprehensive strategic relationship between the two countries, and
- In Iran, Minister Nakasone will pay a courtesy call on H.E. Dr. Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and meet H.E. Mr.
Manouchehr Mottaki, Foreign Minister of Iran, and others, for the purpose
of strengthening Japan-Iran relations on the occasion of the 80th anniversary
of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries,
while encouraging Iran to take constructive steps on nuclear issue as well
as the stability of the region.
- In Egypt, Minister Nakasone will pay a courtesy call on H.E. Mr. Hosni Mubarak, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt, and meet H.E. Mr. Ahmed Aboul Gheit, Foreign Minister of Egypt, and other senior officials, to exchange views on the measures to strengthen the bilateral cooperative relations, the Middle East peace process and other regional issues.