Setting up of the Public Relations Booth for the G8 Hokkaido Toyako Summit
June 16, 2008
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will set up the “Summit Navi-Gate,”
a base to disseminate information on the G8 Summit which will be held from
July 7 to 9, at “Space Roppongi,” Roppongi, Tokyo, from June 19 (Thu)
to July 9 (Wed).
- The aim of this PR booth is to let ordinary citizens to feel close to
the G8 Summit and show that such international issues as “Environment and
Climate Change” and “Development and Africa,” etc., which are main themes
at the upcoming G8 Summit, are about to move toward solution through the
- At the site, there will be a “Theme Zone,” which features the main
themes of the Summit, a “Navigation Zone,” which gives information related
to the Summit and Toyako (Lake Toya), and a “Communication Zone,” in which
the Japanese people as a whole will be able to share a common awareness
of the issues.
- The main contents of the PR booth:
- Panel exhibition; explanations on the main themes, Summit and Toyako (Lake Toya)
- Test on the Summit: Quiz on the main themes of the Summit
- Feel the Planet Earth: The digital globe will be exhibited, and the visitors will be able to learn the actual situation of global warming.
- Links with past G8 leaders: One of the chairs used by the leaders at the Kyushu-Okinawa Summit will be exhibited, on which visitors may sit.
- ‘Tanzaku’ Colorful paper Strips: Following the custom of Tanabata Festival celebrated usually on July 7th, the visitors will be invited to write down their wishes for the future of the Earth on the colored paper strips.
- Messages from the Cool Earth Ambassadors
Back to Index