Visit to Japan by Mr. M. E. Fradkov, Chairman of the Government, and Mr. V. B. Khristenko, Minister of Industry and Energy, of the Russian Federation
February 20, 2007
- Mr. M. E. Fradkov, Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation, with his wife, will visit Japan from February 27 (Tue) to 28 (Wed) at the invitation of the Government of Japan.
- During his stay in Japan, Mr. Fradkov will be received by Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress. Mr. Fradkov will meet with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and others.
- As Mr. Fradkov is in charge of economic affairs in the Russian Federation, it is hoped that there will be an active discussion on how to expand Japan-Russia relations in the fields of trade, economic affairs and practical business affairs.
- Prior to Mr. Fradkov's visit, Mr. V. B. Khristenko, Minister of Industry and Energy (Co-chairman of the Japan-Russia Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic Affairs), will visit Japan from February 26 (Mon).
- During his stay in Japan, Mr. Khristenko will have a Co-chairmen's meeting of the Commission with Mr. Taro Aso, Minister for Foreign Affairs, to have a discussion on Japan-Russia trade and economic relations, in view of Mr. Fradkov's visit to Japan.
Related Information (Japan-Russia Relations)
Back to Index