Mr. Katsutoshi Kaneda, Senior Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs, to Visit Vienna, Moscow, Stockholm and Vladivostok
August 24, 2006
- Mr. Katsutoshi Kaneda, Senior Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs, will visit Vienna, Moscow, Stockholm and Vladivostok from August 28 (Mon) to September 2 (Sat).
- In Vienna, Mr. Kaneda will have talks with Dr. Mohamed ElBaradei, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to exchange views on nuclear nonproliferation matters including Iran's nuclear issue. He will also meet with Dr. Hans Winkler, State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Austria, to exchange views on Japan-Austria bilateral relations.
- In Moscow, Mr. Kaneda will consult and exchange views with high-ranking officials of the Federal Agency for Atomic Energy for the smooth promotion of the "Star of Hope" program, a project for the dismantlement of decommissioned nuclear submarines in the Russian far east. He will also observe the Japan Center in Moscow State University and will exchange views with persons concerned on the Center's activities. Moreover, based on the development of the incident in which a Japanese fishing boat was fired upon and seized on August 16 (Wed), he will urge officials concerned of the Government of Russia in order to solve the problem.
- In Stockholm, Mr. Kaneda will attend as a representative of the Government of Japan the International Donor Conference for Lebanon hosted by the Government of Sweden, a ministerial-level conference for humanitarian assistance and early reconstruction of Lebanon, and will announce Japan's assistance to Lebanon.
- In Vladivostok, Mr. Kaneda will visit the main site of the project for the dismantlement of decommissioned nuclear submarines in the Russian far east and will exchange views with parties involved on the Russian side.
Related Information (Japan-Austria Relations)
Related Information (Japan-Russia Relations)
Related Information (Japan-Sweden Relations)
Back to Index