Mr. Taro Aso, Minister for Foreign Affairs, to Visit the Philippines and Bangladesh and to Attend the ASEAN related Foreign Ministers' Meeting to be held in Malaysia
July 20, 2006
- Mr. Taro Aso, Minister for Foreign Affairs, will visit the Philippines, Bangladesh and Malaysia from July 22 (Sat) to 29 (Sat) if it is approved by the Cabinet meeting.
- In the Philippines, he will have talks with Mr. Alberto Romulo, Secretary of Foreign Affairs, to exchange views on such issues as the strengthening of Japan-Philippine relations that mark the 50th anniversary of the normalization of bilateral diplomatic relations, and regional cooperation between Japan and the Philippines, chair country of the ASEAN for the next term. On July 23 (Sun), he will attend the events for the Japan-Philippine Friendship Day commemorating the 50th anniversary of the normalization of diplomatic relations.
- In Bangladesh, he will have talks with Mr. Ahmed Iajuddin, President, Begum Khaleda Zia, Prime Minister, and Mr. Morshed Khan, Minister for Foreign Affairs, to exchange views on enhancing Japan-Bangladesh relations and other topics.
- In Malaysia, he will attend the following meetings and also have bilateral talks with the foreign ministers of participating nations.
- (1) At the ASEAN+3 (China, Japan and Korea) Ministerial Meeting, the participating foreign ministers will discuss the future directions of cooperation and the regional situation in East Asia and other matters.
- (2) At the East Asia Summit (EAS) Ministerial Meeting, the participating foreign ministers will discuss the future of the EAS Summit Meeting.
- (3) At the ASEAN Post-Ministerial Conference (PMC), the participating foreign ministers will exchange views on cooperation for stability and prosperity in East Asia.
- (4) At the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) Ministerial Meeting, the participating foreign ministers will discuss political and security issues in the Asia Pacific region including North Korean issues.
Related Information (Japan-Philippines Relations)
Related Information (Japan-Bangladesh Relations)
Related Information (Japan-ASEAN Relations)
Back to Index