Symposium on Japan & India: Challenges and Prospects in Asia and Pacific in the 21st century
March 2, 2006
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will hold "Symposium on Japan & India: Challenges and Prospects in Asia and Pacific in the 21st century" on Friday, 10th March 2006 at Mita Kaigisho (2-1-8, Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo). This symposium is jointly sponsored by the Ministry and CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) and is open to public.
- Following speakers will participate in this symposium and will discuss Japan-India relations, as well as cooperation among Japan, India, U.S. and China:
- Mr. Sakutaro Tanino, Director, Toshiba Corporation and former Ambassador to India and China
- Mr. Masahiro Akiyama, former Administrative Vice Minister, Defense Agency
- Mr. Yukio Okamoto, former Advisor to Prime Minister
- Mr. Eisuke Sakakibara, Professor, Keio University
- Mr. Hitoshi Tanaka, former Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Mr. Osamu Watanabe, Chairman, Japan External Trade Organization
- Dr. S. Narayan, former Economic Advisor to Prime Minister of India
- Mr. Suman Bery, Director General, NCAER
- Mr. Subhodh Bhargava, Chairman, VSNL and Past President, CII
- Mr. Lalit Mansingh, former Ambassador to U.S.
- Dr. Raja Mohan, Editor, Indian Express
- Mr. Michael Green, former Senior Director for Asian Affairs, NSC
- Dr. Stephen P. Cohen, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Prof. ZHAO Gancheng, Director, Dept. of South Asia Studies, Shanghai Institute for International Studies
- Mr. Taro Aso, Foreign Minister, will have a discussion on Thursday, 9th March, with the above participants on Japan-India relations, as well as Japan, India, U.S. and China relations.
Back to Index