Production of Video Materials about Reconstruction from the Great East Japan Earthquake
March 7, 2012
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) has produced video materials to communicate to other countries how Japan is moving toward revitalization by achieving reconstruction from the Great East Japan Earthquake.
- The video materials consist of two types of videos: one is "Japan: Fascinating Diversity" which introduces Japanese food culture, pop culture, traditional craft, sightseeing and advanced technology with the cooperation of foreign presenters who have deep connection to Japan; and the other is "Messages from Friends" that includes video messages to the world in which famous foreign figures who stayed in Japan after the earthquake talk about the appeal of Japan and how it is achieving reconstruction. These video materials aim to communicate to other countries how Japan is achieving reconstruction and revitalization.
- The video materials will also be screened at the reception hosted by Minister for Foreign Affairs Koichiro Gemba on the occasion of the one-year period since the Great East Japan Earthquake which will be held at MOFA (IIkura Guest House) on Monday, March 12, and to which diplomatic corps in Tokyo and people who have connections with the affected areas, among others, will be invited. In addition, the videos are scheduled to be screened on occasions such as receptions and events that will be held overseas by Japanese Embassies, Consulates-General, and Permanent Missions, and aired on overseas television stations.
* Japan: Fascinating Diversity
* Messages from Friends
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index