Foreign Minister Gemba’s Visit to France, the United Kingdom, and Germany
October 15, 2012
- From October 15 through 20, Mr. Koichiro Gemba, Minister for Foreign Affairs, will visit the French Republic, the United Kingdom, and the Federal Republic of Germany.
- On October 16, Minister Gemba is scheduled to hold the 2nd Japan-France Foreign Ministers’ Strategic Dialogue with Mr. Laurent Fabius, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the French Republic, in Paris. Minister Gemba is also scheduled to pay a Courtesy Call on Mr. Jean-Marc Ayrault, the Prime Minister of the French Republic.
- On October 18, Minister Gemba is scheduled to hold the 1st Japan-UK Foreign Ministers’ Strategic Dialogue with the Rt. Hon. William Hague, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs of the UK, in London. Minister Gemba is also scheduled to hold a meeting with the Rt. Hon. Kenneth Clarke, Minister without Portfolio.
- On October 19, Minister Gemba is scheduled to meet with Mr. Guido Westerwelle, Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Mr. Volker Kauder, Chairman of the Christian Democratic Union/Christian Social Union parliamentary group in the Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany, in Berlin.
- Minister Gemba is scheduled to exchange opinions on a wide range of issues, including bilateral relations and regional affairs, in each country.
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Related Information (Japan-France Relations)
Related Information (Japan-U.K. Relations)
Related Information (Japan-Germany Relations)