Relief Supply from the Republic of Bulgaria
July 13, 2011
- On Saturday, July 9, in response to the Great East Japan Earthquake, 9,792 bottles of Bulgarian mineral water (1.5 litre each) arrived at the Port of Yokohama as the relief supply from the Republic of Bulgaria.
- The relief supply will be delivered to Kazo City in Saitama, where Futaba Town in Fukushima Prefecture is currently based, and to Urayasu City in Chiba with the initiative of the Embassy of Bulgaria in Tokyo, in cooperation with the World Food Programme.
- The government of Bulgaria provided the relief supply of 168 beds through the EU and decided to offer 200,000 leva (around 12 million yen). Besides, letters of sympathy and condolences were sent from H.E. Dr. Georgi Parvanov, President; H.E. Mr. Boyko Borissov, Prime Minister; H.E. Mr. Nickolay Mladenov, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and many others.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the sense of solidarity expressed and generous assistance extended by the Government of the Republic of Bulgaria and its people.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index