Arrival of Sri Lanka's Disaster Relief Team
May 11, 2011
- In response to the Great East Japan Earthquake, a disaster relief team comprising 15 officials from the Ministry of Disaster Management of Sri Lanka will arrive at Narita Airport on the morning of May 12 (UL460).
- This team is going to engage in debris clearance operations in Ishinomaki, Miyagi Prefecture for about two weeks from May 13, in cooperation with volunteer activities of 'Peace Boat', a Non-Governmental Organization.
- The Government of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has already offered a donation of 1 million US dollars (approximately 80 million yen) and 3 million tea bags.
- The Government of Japan reiterates its deep appreciation for the cooperation by the Government of Sri Lanka.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)