Acceptance of Relief Supplies from the Government of the Republic of Korea
April 4, 2011
- In response to the Great East Japan Earthquake, a flight loaded with relief supplies from the Government of the Republic of Korea (ROK) is scheduled to arrive at Iwate Hanamaki Airport at 1:20 P.M. on Tuesday, April 4.
- In light of needs in disaster-stricken areas, the Government of the ROK intends to transport to Japan 20,000 masks, 20,000 soaps, 3,500 pairs of gloves and 2,800 portions of instant pilaf (worth about JPY 24,000,000). These relief supplies are planned to be distributed in Iwate Prefecture. Prior to this shipment, the Government of ROK has already provided disaster-stricken areas with relief supplies such as food and water.
- From the Government of the ROK, President Lee Myung-bak, and Mr. Kim Sung-hwan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade have expressed their condolences and sympathies, and delivered messages that the Government of the ROK and its people offer their utmost cooperation to Japan.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the cooperation of the Government of the ROK.
- (* This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the origina
Back to Index