Acceptance of Relief Supplies from Bangladesh
March 29, 2011
- On Thursday, March 31, 2011, relief supplies which have been offered by the Government of Bangladesh are scheduled to arrive at Narita Airport in response to the Tohoku district – off the Pacific Ocean Earthquake.
- 2,000 blankets, 500 rubber boots and 1,000 rubber gloves will be transported to Japan and distributed to those affected by the disaster.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Foreign Minister Dr. Dipu Moni have sent messages of sympathy and condolences to Prime Minister Kan and Foreign Minister Matsumoto respectively. The Parliament of Bangladesh unanimously adopted a condolence resolution for victims of the Tohoku district – off the Pacific Ocean Earthquake on 20 March.
- In addition, Bangladeshi nationals who are living in Japan are participating in various voluntary activities, such as providing free hotel accommodation and hot meals to the affected people.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciate the cooperation by the Government of Bangladesh.
(For reference, the relief supplies are scheduled to arrive at Narita Airport at 14:00 by a special aircraft (C-130) on Thursday 31 March 2011.)
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)