Reception of emergency relief supplies from India
March 28, 2011
- In response to the Tohoku district – off the Pacific Ocean Earthquake, further relief supplies which were offered by the Government of India arrived at the Narita Airport in the morning of March 28.
- 10 tons of biscuits will be distributed in the affected areas in Miyagi prefecture.
- The Government of India has already offered 25,000 blankets and approximately 13,000 bottles of mineral water as relief supplies, which have been delivered to the affected area and India’s aid team, which arrived in Japan on March 28, will start operation in Miyagi prefecture from March 29.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the cooperation by the Government of India.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index