Donation from the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
March 25, 2011
- In the response to the Tohoku - Pacific Ocean Earthquake, The Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam provided a donation of 200,000 USD. The donation will be used through the Japanese Red Cross Society for countermeasures for the earthquake-related disasters. Moreover, many Vietnamese people participated in donations through their workplace or an organization that they belong to.
- In addition to the donation, H.E. Mr. Nguyen Minh TRIET, President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and many other government officials sent letters and messages of sympathy and condolences.
- Furthermore, H.E. Mr. Nguyen Tan Dung, Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and many other ministers and officials of the Communist Party of Vietnam visited the Embassy of Japan in Vietnam and signed the condolence book.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the Government and the people of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam for their expression of solidarity and generous assistance for Japan.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index