Donation from the Kingdom of Tonga
March 25, 2011
- In response to the Tohoku district – off the Pacific Ocean Earthquake, the government of Tonga made a donation of 200 thousand Tonga dollars (about 9 million yen).
- From Tonga, condolences were extended from His Majesty King George Tupou V and Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of Tonga Lord Lasike. Also the letter of sympathy was sent from Prime Minister, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Defense, Information and Communication Lord Tu’ivakano, to Prime Minister Naoto Kan.
- His Majesty King George Tupou V(on Monday, March 21), Prime Minister, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Defense , Information and Communication Lord Tu’ivakano(on Thursday, March 17) wrote a message in a condolence book at the Embassy of Japan in Tonga.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates a sense of solidarity expressed and assistance extended by the Government of and the people of Tonga.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index