Donation of Relief Money from the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
March 25, 2011
- In response to the Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake, the Government of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic provided a donation of hundred thousand US dollars. The donation will be used as relief money through the Japanese Red Cross Society. Also, on Sunday, March 20, the delegates across the country who attended the Ninth Party Congress of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party announced that they would donate approximately ninety thousand US dollars as relief money.
- In addition, the Government of Japan has received letters of condolence and sympathy from H.E.Mr.Choummaly Sayasone, President of the Lao PDR, Secretary General of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party, H.E.Mr.Thongsing Thammavong, Prime Minister of the Lao PDR and Hon. Ms. Pany Yathoutou, President of the National Assembly of the Lao PDR.
- Also, Prime Minister Thongsing and Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr. Thongloun Sisoulith wrote a message in a condolence book at the Embassy of Japan in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic on Friday, March 18 and on Saturday, March 19, respectively, followed by a number of cabinet members afterwards.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates a sense of solidarity expressed and assistance extended by the Government and the people of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index