Acceptance of Relief Supplies from the Kyrgyz Republic
March 19, 2011
- On Friday, March 18, a special aircraft of the Kyrgyz Republic, carrying relief supplies in response to the Tohoku - Pacific Ocean Earthquake, arrived at Haneda (Tokyo International) Airport (arrived at 1221 hours on Friday, March 18).
- The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic transported approximately 2.5 tons of mineral water, based on the needs of those who suffered from the earthquake. The relief supplies will be sent to Miyagi Prefecture, which was hit by the disaster.
- From the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, H. E. Mrs. Roza Isakovna Otunvayeva, President, had sent out a message to His Imperial Majesty the Emperor at an early stage, expressing their condolences and sympathy to the people of Japan, and offering to provide necessary assistance. Messages of condolences and sympathy have also been sent from H.E. Mr. Almazbek Sharshenovich Atambaev, Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic to Prime Minister Naoto Kan, and from H.E. Mr. Ruslan Aytbaevich Kazakbaev, Minister for Foreign Affairs to Minister for Foreign Affairs Takeaki Matsumoto respectively.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the cooperation of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
- (* This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index