Acceptance of a rescue team of South Africa
March 17, 2011
- In response to Tohoku - Pacific Ocean Earthquake, a rescue team of the Republic of South Africa has been dispatched and is scheduled to arrive at Narita Airport on a chartered aircraft at around 1:00 p.m. on Friday, March 18.
- The rescue team consists of 49 personnel. The rescue team’s area of activity is being finalized.
- A message of sympathy and offer of necessary assistance were sent from H.E. Mr. Jacob ZUMA, President of the Republic of South Africa.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the cooperation of the Government of South Africa.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index