The 1st Japan-China-ROK Counter-Terrorism Consultations
March 16, 2011
- The 1st Japan-China-ROK Counter-Terrorism Consultations will be held in Jeju Island, Republic of Korea on March 17 and 18, 2011.
- H.E. Takaaki Kojima, Ambassador in charge of International Counter-Terrorism Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, H.E. Moon Ha-Yong, Ambassador for International Counter-Terrorism Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Republic of Korea and H.E. LUO Zhaohui, Ambassador and Director General of the Department of External Security Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China will represent respective sides. Officials from counter-terrorism related ministries and agencies from the three countries will attend the meeting.
- This first round of consultations follows the common recognition in the “Trilateral Cooperation VISION 2020” released at the Trilateral Summit Meeting in May, 2010, in which the three leaders agreed to convene a trilateral meeting in the field of counter-terrorism.
- At the consultations, Japan, China and ROK will share information regarding the international and regional terrorism situation, and also exchange views on matters of interest with regard to counter-terrorism and cooperation in the assistance of capacity building carried out by each country.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index