Telephone Conversation between Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Fukuyama and Aide to the President of the Russian Federation Prikhodjko
March 15, 2011
On Tuesday, March15, from 17:45 for about 20 minutes, Mr. Tetsuro Fukuyama, Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary held a telephone conversation with Mr. Prikhodjko Sergey, Aide to the President of the Russian Federation.
- Aide to the President Prikhodjko made the following remarks.
(1) I would like to express my condolences and willingness of support to the victims of the earthquake and Tsunami occurred in Japan.
(2) President Medvedev appreciates yesterday’s telephone conversation with Prime Minister Kan which was conducted in a straightforward manner.
(3) Following the first group, we would like to dispatch the second group of Russian rescue team as soon as Japanese side agrees.
- Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Fukuyama made the following remarks.
(1) Yesterday, President Medvedev kindly made a phone call to Prime Minister Kan to express his sympathy. I am profoundly grateful for a sense of unity and concern shown by Russia.
(2) Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defence, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters is known for its high degree of professionalism in emergencies. The first group of the rescue team from the Ministry has already arrived in Sendai and is preparing for search and rescue activities.
(3) We would like to accept the second group of Russian rescue team with gratitude. I hope that the second group will work in close cooperation with local police and the first group of the team.
- The two leaders agreed that both countries would keep in close contact.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)