Dispatch of a Japanese Business Mission to Baghdad International Fair
November 1, 2011
- A Business Mission, consisting of representatives from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and private companies, headed by Mr. Mitsuo Sakaba, Ambassador/Representative of the Government of Japan in charge of Reconstruction Assistance to Iraq, visited Baghdad to attend the 38th Baghdad International Fair on November 1.
- In the site of the International Fair, the Mission promoted Japanese products at Japan booth, and exchanged views with Iraqi Government officials from Ministry of Trade, National Investment Committee and with participating corporate executives about the possibility of entering the Iraqi market.
- The Mission, which marked the first participation in the International Fair since 2003, visited Iraq in order to crystallize the Declaration on Establishing a Comprehensive Partnership between Japan and Iraq, and to follow up the previous two missions which were sent to Baghdad last February and to Basrah last June.
- It is expected that through dispatching this Mission, business of Japanese companies in Iraq will be accelerated.
- (*The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.)